Friday, March 7, 2014
There will be an open notes quiz. You will need to close reading passage from chpt. 12.
Monday, March 3, 2014
1. Sort notecards according to title and Inquiry Path. You should notice an outline forming on the right side of the NoodleTools Notecards screen.
2. After the basic outline is created, drag notecards to the appropriate section of the outline.
3. Import the NoodleTools outline (created by the note cards) into a Word Document. (You will use this outline in the future as a skeleton for your detailed outline.)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXPORTING NOODLETOOLS OUTLINE INTO A WORD DOCUMENT
4. Use the evidence (quotes) in your outline to formulate EBCs for each Inquiry Path. Put the EBCs into the outline with the appropriate Inquiry Path/Evidence.
5. Assess and evaluate EBCs generated.
a. Are EBCs effectively supported or do I need to pull more support from my sources (articles)?
6. Synthesize EBCs to develop overarching claim for the paper. This will be your Thesis Statement. (The thesis statement will most likely stem from your Research/Umbrella Question.)
7. Again, asses and evaluate EBCs generated.
a. Do EBCs effectively develop and support the thesis or do I need to conduct more research?
8. Print this outline and place it in the “Drafting” section of your binder.
Note: If you think of each Inquiry Path and/or section of your outline as a separate paragraph, then the EBCs are, essentially, topic sentences.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Link to 10th Grade Research Paper Packet:
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Link to Allusion Worksheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsUh4FaxRceU0lpTFA2MGJKcXc/edit?usp=sharing